Wild Animal Tales
The Wild Animal Tales set of 6 A3 large format story cards featuring beautiful illustrations. They provide an ideal platform to develop a wealth of conversational topics that are sure to be a spring board for exciting activities. In addition they are perfect for language development within an early year’s environment.
These tales are perfect resource to support communication. As the children meet each of the engaging characters they will undoubtedly be drawn into the prompted discussions. The rhyming stories also lend themselves to group participation. The humour in each tale has child appeal to ensure they come back time and again.
The accompanying Teacher’s booklet suggests simple actions for each rhyme. It also features topics for suggested discussion and a mask template for each of the animals. You can photocopy and decorate the masks as a follow on activity and provide role play opportunities. You can use these boards in isolation but they are also a delight to children when used with finger puppets for greater focus and engagement.
Wild Animals Tales will encourage your children to;
- Learn the names and ‘characteristics’ of six wild animals
- Foster speaking and listening skills
- Develop language comprehension through ‘action-rhymes’
- Increase vocabulary by language experience using story/rhyme
- Increase awareness of rhythm and rhyme
- Reinforce concepts of colour, size, shape
- Improve manipulative skills
- Encourage interaction and group participation
- Develop creativity
These lovely poems for children are certain to make a welcome and useful addition to your literacy resources. Why not take a look at the rest of our Speaking and Listening Resources to see what other items might appeal to your children?