This beautifully illustrated set of 6 A3 large format story cards provide an ideal platform to develop a wealth of conversational topics that are sure to be a spring board for exciting activities and language development within an early year’s environment.
The perfect resource to support the National Year of Communication. As the children meet each of the engaging characters and listen to the rhyming stories they will undoubtedly be drawn into the prompted discussions which lend themselves to group participation. The humour in each tale has child appeal to ensure they come back time and again.
The accompanying Teacher’s booklet suggests simple actions for each rhyme, topics for suggested discussion and a mask template for each of the animals which can be photocopied and decorated as a follow on activity and provide role play opportunities. The story boards can be used in isolation but true focus is guaranteed when used in conjunction with the super set of interactive Wild Animal Finger Puppets which focus children’s attention and provide opportunities to re-enact the story.
– Learn the names and ‘characteristics’ of six wild animals
– Foster speaking and listening skills
– Develop language comprehension through ‘action-rhymes’
– Increase vocabulary by language experience using story/rhyme
– Increase awareness of rhythm and rhyme
– Reinforce concepts of colour, size, shape
– Improve manipulative skills
– Encourage interaction and group participation
– Develop creativity